Friday, November 19, 2010

Sigma Brushes!

Hi everyone! So I'm back! I thought that I would have to be away longer due to my laptop being broken, but it seems alright now. Haha.

Anyway, so recently I got some Sigma brushes, and I have to say they are amazing! I love all of them! I'm pretty sure there are tons of reviews out there for these brushes, but it's true they are amazing brushes, and the reason being is because they are super comparable to MAC brushes. I don't have any of the full sized MAC brushes, but I have a travel set, and they are not that great at all. Anyway, so onto the pictures:

The brushes came in this pink brush roll.
And I got 13 brushes in total. 


The first brush is going to be the large powder brush. This brush is great for applying powder. I've used this brush to apply powder onto my face. I think this brush is too big to apply blush. And when I washed this brush I did notice some bleeding, but not much. And like a lot of big brushes it will shed but I didn't notice a lot of shedding. 
The next brush is the Duo Fiber brush. Now, I don't know about you guys, but you can tell this is probably my least favorite brush, because this brush sheds a lot! Like A LOT! It's kind of annoying, and scary. I think the reason is because the glue is coming apart from the hairs. I don't know, but you can kind of tell that the brush hairs are not even. 
The next brush is the angled brush. I love this brush! this brush is great for contour and for applying blush! This is one of my favorite brushes from this set. I just kind of wish the hairs weren't so scattered. 
The next brush is the foundation brush. Now already I can tell that this foundation brush is way softer than my ELF foundation brush, and the bristles don't scratch my face, when I use this brush.
This is the large concealer brush. I love this big concealer brush because it's pretty big, so it can get more with one swipe than with a smaller brush.
This was the whole reason I wanted this brush set! For this tapered blending brush! MAC has this exact same brush, and it costs a whole lot more, so when I saw that Sigma had a great dupe, I really wanted to check it out! And this brush lives up to it's reputation!
This one is the angled eyeshadow brush. This brush is great for applying color onto your crease! 
Next up I have a flat shader brush. This is like any other flat shader brush I own. Honestly, it's nothing special, but I think the hairs on this one is way softer than my MAC travel sized 239SE.
The next one, is going to be a smaller concealer brush. This one is great for gettting the edges of your lips, and for precise under eye concealer.
Next up, I have a pencil brush. I have the MAC one of this one as well, and honestly, the MAC one is way stiffer than the Sigma one.
Next I have the angled brush. I love this angled brush because it's smaller and not as wide as my other angled brushes, and when applying eyeliner with this brush it glides on smoothly! I also use this brush for my eyebrows.
The next one is the official eyeliner brush. I don't use this brush for eyeliner though, because the brush above, the angled brush, is the one I use for eyeliner. I use this one for lips.
The last brush I have here is the small sized tapered blending brush. I think this brush is great for travel because it's way smaller than my other brushes!
And that's basically a quick review of the Sigma brushes!

And I'm too lazy right now to edit and upload the video for the Sigma brushes, so maybe you guys will have to wait until next week to see it.

So around 2 weeks ago, my friend and I went to the Hello Kitty bus that stopped off in Tustin! There was a huge line. It was kind of annoying standing in line all day long, and then afterwards getting one small item! But it was fun and it was interesting to see all the different people there and the way that they displayed how they love Hello Kitty!

The official hello kitty bus! It was super cute and decked out! I kind of wished it wasn't so gloomy that day. 
They had 2 trucks and they were decked out in hello kitty! 
Was trying to take a picture of the small car, but people got in my way! 
Don't forget to enter my giveaway! :)

14 comments:

  1. ive had the black travel set brushes from sigma for a year and they are shedding :( even the eyeshadow ones and the dye in them are fading and you can see that the hairs are really a different color. my fluffy eyeshadow brush is black/blue lol. i am looking for another set that won't shed on me. for some reason mineral brushes don't shed much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I wish I got to see the Hello Kitty bus. ;) I love that the brushes are PINK...hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice brush set! i've been eyeing Sigma brushes as well! They look very comparable to MAC.

    AHhhh they had keroppi there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yayy! You're back! :) I love these sigma brushes! I have them in black--I wished i picked up the pink ones :) HK is so cuteee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so close to ordering Sigma brushes! Which are your favorite!?

    I wish we had cool stuff like that happening over here :( Wahhhh

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've order brushes from sigma too and waiting for them to arrive :D am so glad so many bloggers are loving them, I can't wait to see what they are like when I get my hands on mine. love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. a hello kitty bus! that's just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WHAT!! A hello kitty bus!! OMG so cute!! and pink sigma brushes? ahhh!!! it's so nice :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the brush reviews! I wish I could go to the LA HK event. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have the pink brush set too :) they are really pretty. Wish i could go to the HK event. they look so cute

    ReplyDelete
  11. at least i know what brushes to get if i ever i become good enough at make up to get them. haha! :D the hello kitty bus sounds fun! i wish we had those kinds of things here too!!!

    ryc: i don't know if she used powder.. i don't know what the heck she used but it was horrible!!!!! >.<

    ReplyDelete
  12. these brushes look amazing. great haul and welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What did you get from the bus? I picked up the Monopoly and Yatzee games. ;]

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the review! I've been wanting to try sigma brush for so long~

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment! And I will try to get back to you as soon as possible!

<3 Denysia