Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My top favorite skincare products

Hi everyone! I just want to inform everyone that I bought a domain for this blog! Whoohoo!!! :D

So if you can please direct any links to http://denysiayu.com!

Anyway, so just to let everyone know, I haven't been doing much lately. I always say that don't I? Haha. Sorry, but I really haven't been up to anything! So on Tuesday I found out that for our class's ceremony was completely messed up! Our teacher booked the wrong date for the venue, so of course I had to come in and rescue the day. Haha. Not really. But I let my officers know that there was a different place that we could do our ceremony at. And so we went to check it out on Tuesday and everyone loved it, so I'm hoping that we will be able to do it there!

Anyway, here is a quick intro to my favorite skincare products. I've been asked to do skincare for a while, but I wasn't sure what I liked for a while, because I'm extremely picky when it comes to skincare! The reason why I’m so picky, is because I’m allergic to a lot of ingredients listed in a lot of skincare products.
Anyway, so here is a picture of my top 5 favorite skincare products of all time:

1. Lush Coalface cleanser: This cleanser is the best cleanser I've ever used! It helps fight my acne, and it has a nice smell to it. Some people I know, don't like the smell, but I personally like it. It lathers up gray. The only problem I have with this, is that it's in a bar like form, which I don't really like. But honestly, it's a really nice cleanser!

2. Kiehl's Cucumber Herbal Alcohol Free toner: I've had a love/hate relationship with this toner, but now I'm back to loving it. I didn't like the way the toner was in the bottle before, so I stuck it into my own little spray bottle! And I like it this way! The toner stings a little when it's applied, but I think that just means that it's working!

3. Aveeno Lotion: This lotion is the best for dry, flaky skin! My neck and my face use to be super dry, until my mom bought this lotion for me! And the good thing about this lotion, is that it keeps your skin moisturized for 24 hours!

4. Lush Dream Cream Lotion: I don't rub this lotion all over my body or face, because in the ingredients it states that it has cocoa butter in it, which sucks for me, because I'm allergic to cocoa butter! But I still really love this lotion for my eczema scars!

5. Kiehl's creamy eye treatment: I love this eye cream! It doesn't get into my eyes and this cream actually doesn't dry up my eyes whatsoever!

I made a video for you guys, talking about the products I've mentioned in this post:



And something really interesting happened yesterday. So my boyfriend and I went to Walmart to look at external drives, and then we wandered into the camera section, and they have camcorders there as well. And he told me, that if I wanted, he would buy me a camcorder with a remote for my birthday if I wanted. And of course I was like, heck yeah! Haha.
DON'T FORGET TO JOIN MY GIVEAWAY!

17 comments:

  1. yay! awesome recommendations! i also use the aveeno lotion! i want to try out some kiehl's products in the near future :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. eye cream, I have also but its amway brand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always been curious about Kiehl's eye cream! I am glad you love it :) I love LUSH dream cream, that suchs that you are allergic to cocoa butter though :( this product is seriously the best for eczema!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay on buying your domain! <3<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha I like the Cucumber toner too :) Ray doesn't though, he likes Rosewater because it has alcohol. I should try out the eye cream next time I go to the mall :D Ray keeps complaining about the various eye creams we have "stinging".

    And is it just me, or do you have two google accounts? O.o;

    Oh and the jacket I wore I actually blogged about previously, it's a trench I bought last summer/fall from H&M. It has the bronze label, or whatever, which I was told means it's from the designer collection (I have no idea what they mean but that's what the store clerk told me). And when I got it they were down to like, one or two jackets so I was lucky they had my size. In fact I saw it and I didn't buy it, but then I couldn't get it off my mind so I went back and bought it and I was SO happy when they still had it! Basically it's more expensive, it's never on sale, but the quality is better xD You should ask your local store about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hee hee...so cute. Congrats on your upcoming camcorder! =D Thanks for sharing your top faves. I keep on hearing about Dream Cream. So tempting...

    ReplyDelete
  7. i've always heard aveeno was good for dry skin and never tried so glad you gave this review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing! I heard good things about Lush coalface too :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice review. I havent tried any of those products. I've tried Lush's bath bombs though.

    I feel u, most of us with acne once we find a product that works we stick to it and are apprehensive to try other stuff

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahaha nice your bf gonna buy you a camcorder!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the aveeno lotion, my dry elbows are non existent now :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. OoOo I love the Aveeno lotion. I wanted to try the Kiehl's Cucumber toner too. Hmmm I'll have to go buy some. :)

    RYC: Yeah I wish I could read Korean too! That would make shopping Gmarket sooo much easier! To shop, I've been plugging the page url into Google Translator to view the purchasing selections (like colors and add-ons). It works pretty well :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. How long have you been using the eye cream? I have been wanting to try them for the longest time ever. You should do a review on it =P

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wal-Maaaaaaaart :P Boyfriend works there and might transfer to the Buena Park one.. maybe. (Customer Service Manager)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Denysia!

    Congrats on getting your own domain! *yay*

    I have a sample of Kiehl's Cucumber Herbal Alcohol Free toner. Can't wait to try it out now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats in getting your own domain! How exciting... wheee~

    I need to look into the Aveeno lotion. It sounds so promising especially for my dry skin... hehe~

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment! And I will try to get back to you as soon as possible!

<3 Denysia