Saturday, August 15, 2009

Movies, mustaches, and FOTD

Hi everyone! Happy Saturday to you all! Hehe. I didn't do much yesterday, just basically hung out at home, watching Japanese anime movies, by my favorite Japanese director of all time, Hayao Miyazaki! I love all the movies he's made, especially the first one I've ever watched, My neighbor Totoro! I actually watched this movie at my friend's house when we were little children. I loved it when I first watched it, and I'm now thinking about purchasing it on DVD.

Anyway, the movie I watched yesterday was called Ponyo! It's a very cute movie about a goldfish princess that runs away from home, and meets this little boy, and falls in love with the boy. It's just a super cute movie. If you live in California you can see the movie now, because it's out in theaters in California. I'm not sure about other states. I actually learned about this movie from a commercial I saw on TV! I was watching TV the other day at my boyfriend's house and the trailer for this movie came out! And I was like, "OMG! I have to watch this movie!"
The other movie that I watched yesterday was Howl's Moving Castle. I thought this movie was very cute, and geared more towards adults, unlike Ponyo, because Ponyo was probably geared towards children. I love this movie! There is a girl named Sophie, and she is really plain, and this witch puts a spell on her, making her appear old looking. She meets Howl, who is a wizard, and she falls in love with him. There are a lot more details to the story, but I think if I were to type everything up, it would probably take me forever! Anyway, I'm probably going to purchase some of his movies very soon, The thing I love about his movies, is that you kind of know that everything will be okay at the end. Even throughout all the craziness, and turmoil, you just about know that everything will be fine. And the right people will end up with the person their suppose to be with. :)

So after watching all those crazy movies last night, I went out with some friends to eat, and hang out. We went to Cate Hiro, which is an Asian fusion restaurant. I don't know if I mentioned this in my earlier posts, because I've been there one time before. Anyway, the food was good, and after that we decided to go get frozen yogurt at yogurt land in Irvine, at the Irvine marketplace.

And my friend Christine had to whip out her mustache bandages, so we were messing around with those for a bit. To protect my friend who will probably be embarrassed by these pictures, which I'm pretty sure she will be, I have blacked out her eyes:

At first she was so embarrassed that she wouldn't even look at the camera!
She was trying not to laugh and stay still! The pictures are blurry because she kept moving around and laughing her brains off! When she finally calmed down a little.
And I will grace all of you guys with my mustache! It is pretty ugly looking, since I haven't worn makeup this morning yet!
And this is what I look like with makeup on! This is my FOTD picture!
Makeup used:
Paul & Joe creamy powder foundation in 50
Paul & Joe powder in 03
Paul & Joe lipstick in 060
Beautyrush lip gloss in bubbleminty
Manly 120 count palette in matte black as eyeliner
Hope you guys have an awesome weekend! I won't be posting till Monday, hopefully! I have a couple of errands to run on Monday, and I also have work. And tomorrow, I'm going to hang out with a couple of friends! BYE! :)

14 comments:

  1. You look pretty with or without make up^^

    I used to watch anime before too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute fotd, love the lipstick color!

    howl's moving castle and naussica of the valley of the wind or my 2 favorite miyazaki films... i definitely want to see ponyo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww.. you look really nice here.

    my younger nieces and i used to be kind of obsessed with Howl's Moving Castle. it was such an awesome movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE MIYAZAKI/STUDIO GHIBLI to death!

    Haha cute mustaches =) The FOTD is very pretty, I really like the lip color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen previews for that movie. Glad to hear it was good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty FOTD! I love Studio Ghibi films but I was disappointed by this new movie (I saw it on Friday) haha I'll probably review it on my blog later.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your FOTD very pretty. Movie days are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. omgg moving is sososo stressful! lol its good to be back :) i'll definitely be doing a review soon pretty FOTD :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great FOTD! I want those mustache bandages! Hee hee...they look so fun. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. i wanna watch the ponyo movie too! it already looks good.. i just love japanese cartoon movies... i also own howls moving castle, totoro, kikis delivery service, spirited away, princess mononoke.. love itt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. your skin looks flawless without makeup! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment! And I will try to get back to you as soon as possible!

<3 Denysia